Followers

Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Just imagine...

Hi there Copic loversElena F here from Scrap-lanak Ganbaran.
I made a mixed-media background card using my Copic Airbrush system and staying out of my "comfort zone" with a Prima stamp coloured using the No Lines Colouring Technique. I stamped with Memento London Fog Grey Ink.

Here is the finished project picture, but after that, you've got step by step pictures on how I coloured the flowers and at the end of the post, a few step pictures to see how I made the background.


The copic colours I´ve used to colour my stamp:
Skin: E0000, 00, 21, 11, 13
Flowers: R46, 43, R05, YR04, R20
Hair: E77, 57, 35, 53
To airbrush the background:
BG72, E35, 37, YG03, G94, Y06
I felt like colouring the flowers in a red but with a touch of orange.
I started colouring the flowers with R46
Then I coloured the middle tones with R05 
Finaly I coloured ending the reds with the ligthest one R43 
 Now to add my orange touches in the ligthest zones of the flowers I used YR04
and finaly I blended the ligthest with R20

Now for the background I used my Copic Airbrush. This is not a necesary tool to colour but really it´s so fun.

First I airbrushed the entire surface of my cardstock with BG72. Then I started airbrushing some brick wall with one stencil in E35 and 37 here and there to make it more interesting and not too plain.



I wanted to add hints of ivy and I made it airbrushing with another stencil: YG03 and some random branches with G94


No worries about the size of my surface as this is going to be resized to fit perfectly with my coloured stamp size.

With one texture paste and another stencil I tried to make some rays of light, to make my stamp emanate its own light. After the paste dried I airbrushed on top with my Y06 marker.
I made it with sand texture paste as this dries slightly translucent and after airbrushing it maintains this translucent and shiny look.


A few more deep airbrushed branches again, more texture paste and it looks like this:

I finished with some random stamping, adding a bit of wax, cutting the excess and It´s done!
Finally, I fussy cut and mounted the image on foam to emphasize her on my project.
Hope you enjoyed.
Thanks for sticking with me to the end!

No comments: