Followers

Saturday, February 4, 2017

Chrysanthemum


Hi Everyone, it's Saskia here.

Last Saturday I had a demonstration at a craft store in the village where I live. I was privileged that I myself could choose what I wanted to show. Of course the choice was made in few seconds.......I wanted to show what you can do with Copic Markers....... so I made this show stopper for this demo.  At the moment adult colouring is quite trendy. There are many interesting colouring books for sale. This is a page from the coloring book the artist Daniela Jaglenka Terrazzini.   
 
The coloring paper of these books is not really suitable for coloring with Copic Markers, so I copied the pages on Perfect Colouring Paper. This is ideal coloring paper for your Copic Markers, the ink blends very well.
On the back of this colour pages were the names of the species drawn - Chrysanthemum. I found an image to help me, on the Internet.

It is of course always good to look over what colours best match. I found a couple of nice colour combinations that fit exactly with these flowers. I always try to bring a bit of depth to the colours by using darker colours while colouring.  To let the flowers come forward from the background I have coloured the background with blue and I used the Bokeh technique to give it a playful effect. 
 

I have used these Copic Markers:
Orange Chrysanthemum:
Y32 - Y35 - Y38 - YR04 - YR07 - YR09 - R24 - R27 - R29 -R59
Purple Chrysanthemum:
V09 - V12 - V15 - V17 - B63
Yellow Daisy:
 Y35 - Y38 - YR23 - YR24 - YR27- YR09 - Y38
Pink Daisy:
R81 - R83 - R85 - R89 - YR09 - Y38
 Ladybug:
R27 - R29 - R59
Green leaves:
G21 - G24 - G28 - G29 - E43 and YG01 - YG05 - YG07 - G07 -G14
Background:
B0000 - B000 - B00 - B01 - B02 - B04 and Colorless Blender.
I hope you have read this post with pleasure.
Until next time

3 comments:

Wil said...

Wauw, this is awsome! They look real :D

hugs, Wil

Diana said...

What a beauty! Love it!
Xoxo
Diana

Lia vdB said...

Fantastisch! Heb nog veel te leren, dat zie ik wel. Ik hoor je al zeggen: oefenen, oefenen...........

Hartelijke groeten,

Lia