Followers

Monday, February 20, 2017

Angels are among us

" Although you may not see them
you are always in their sight

they bring the gift of love and guidance
it is called the Angel light.."

This is how a lovely poem about angels start, I really love it and it suits the image I have coloured very well...(unfortunately I was not able to find the name of the author,).
The image I used for today is by Meadowhaven. 


 I started with a thin layer using the E50. With the E51 I add my shadows and I do not worry about blending out the colours smoothly. With the BV00 I add some more shadows.

I slowly build up the layers adding more colours.


After adding the BV00 I blend all layers together with the E000. As you can see the colours look more smoothly blended now. In the end I decided to add some W1 for more shadow. 

 If the skin colour looks too cool you can add some extra E00. I prefer a more cool skin colour.  I like to start with a layer of E50, using the warmer skin tones (E00, 000) on the cheeks and nose. 
The best way to find out what works best for you is to make some samples using different Copic combinations. 


I decided to do the wings blue. Orange is the complimentary colour of blue  (they are opposite each other in the colour wheel) that means if you blend blue and orange you will get mud, but combinations of orange and blue look fabulous. So there has to be some orange in this colouring. I decided to use orange hues for the hair and the little angel's dress. 

I used quite a variety of colours for the hair YR15,20,21,23,24,27 and E08.
I used the YR Copics first, starting with the darkest one...in the end I thought the hair looked too pale and I added some E08 to make it a bit brighter. 
For the dress I used the YR 14, 15,16 and 17.


I enjoyed colouring the feathers. I started with B39. Like the hair I start with the darkest colour working my way back to the lightest colours. I used B 69,79,63,66, 60 and 39. In the end I added a tiny bit of the RV06.

For the dress and the little angel's wings I used FBG2, BG02, 05, 07 and 09.


I made an art journal page in my black journal, using some lovely Pronty feather stencils as well


See you next month

Miranda

1 comment:

Sue said...

Absolutely gorgeous colourwork Miranda...xxx
Love from Sue...xxx