Followers

Friday, January 20, 2017

aquaholic

Hi my lovely Copic friends, 
hope you all had a wonderful holiday and you've started 2017 healthy and colourful.

My post for today is all about aquaholics. I came across this word on the internet and I really liked it, it sounds so funny and it suits the image I used for today's project very well. 

My projects is an art journal page. I used one of my Gelli-plate backgrounds from my stash. The background is made with acrylic paints and art foamies. 

The image is by Line Artsy by a wonderful artist called Gloria.

I have coloured this pretty mermaid and fish with Copic Markers and coloured pencils.



I started colouring with the Copic Markers. Coloured pencils are usually oil or waxed based. If you use your coloured pencils first you might end up with clogged Copic nibs. So to avoid any clogging use your Copic Markers first. 

I started with adding green shadows using the BG70. Then I build up the skin using the E50, 00 and 000. The mermaids hair I've coloured with BG07,70,72,75 and 78. Start with using your darkest colour first and use this on the shadow parts of her hair. After I used all my colours from dark to light I go back to the darkest colour. With all the blending the darkest colour might have faded a little, so you need to add a little of the darkest colour again to create more depth. In the end I thought the hair looked dull, so I added some YG13 to get it a bit more sparkly. 

For the fish I used BG02, 05, 09, 11, YG03, 11, 17 and Y17. 
For the orange parts of the fish, the veil and the mermaid's lips I used the YR01, 02, 14,15,16 and 18.

When I finished my Copic colouring I got out my coloured pencils and added some more depth to the colouring. 



I have found this funny word on the internet and wrote it down on my page using a Copic Multiliner. I coloured the letters with Copic Markers (YG13) and some coloured pencils. 


 And this is the finished page. Hope you like it. 

Have a wonderful day

Miranda

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Uao! Amazing! I love both, the digi and the coloring!