Followers

Sunday, August 31, 2014

How to make deep folds

Hello everyone!
It's Vili here today and I want to show you my way of making deep contrasting folds.
As you've may already noticed I use from really dark to really light shades. I colour pretty confidently without worrying for the final result.
I chose Mo's Alisa With Roses because her dress is suitable for my aims. I coloured the skin. the hair and the basket beforehand and now I'm starting with the detailed explanations:


I'm thinking of making the dress in the pink-purple range so I chose these colours:

 
I always start with the lightest colour in order to 'wet' the place I'm colouring:


After that I mark the places where the folds are with the darkest colour: 


I continue with a lighter tone:

And a lighter one:


With the lightest colour I fill the most protruding sections:


If I think a place should become lighter, I slightly touch it with the Colorless Blender. These are mostly the sectors with many folds, like the one around the waist: 


After I have finished colouring the picture I put a contour. Here I don't mind about the direction of light and don't look for the places with the most thick shadows. I try to make the picture look more contrasting on the main background. I place contour all around the image:


I  put in some darker tones:


Then comes a careful 'washing' of the two colours with the lightest grey:


And the picture is ready:


And this is the card which I made with this image:




Have a lovely day and thanks for stopping by!

Vili  xxxx

Copics used:
Skin: Е 000, E11, E51, E93
Hair: E31, E33, E35, E37, E29
 Clothes: RV10, RV63, RV66, RV69
 Shadows: W0, W3, W5

10 comments:

Aileen said...

Ohhh Vili so so beautiful. I love your colouring and the girls beautiful face. The cheek bones, around the eyes and lips, so wonderful. Of course the dress and all the shadows. Such a beautiful card

Nela said...

Thank you Vili!
Love your coloring!
Hugs Nela

Blankina said...

You are such a great colouring artist, thanks for sharing this pretty step by step colouring. The image and colour choice is soo pretty too.
Hugs Blankina

Faye Wynn-Jones said...

I can stare at your cards for ages. Beautiful :)

Margreet said...

Awesome!....thanks for sharing!
xxx Margreet

Malika said...

Love this tutural i will try it

Thank you for scharing

Malika

Sandra H said...

This is so beautiful and thank you for sharing this x

Unknown said...

Thank you for this inspiring tutorial!

Dortesjs said...

totally great colouring love your tut. thank you

moi said...

Beautiful, thank you for this tutorial.