Followers

Saturday, May 17, 2014

Girl in a mini Kimono

Hello everyone Copic fans
Here I am to propose my new card .
For this new project I colored a  Sureya digi stamp"Girl in a mini Kimono" .
 I find it really , really great .
To be honest , it was already a bit of time that I had in mind to color this sweet Geisha but it was not yet the right time to start !
The spring flowers and sunny days have finally give me the right inspiration so I decided to throw the challenge and color this stamp .
Coloring this stamp is really a big challenge . I thought a lot before deciding what colors to use to color it.
This dress is so delicate and refined that I did not want to risk ruining it using colors that are too bright or not indicated.
Then I decided to go with  colors of the BG family that remind me a lot the colors of the silk that japanese used to make Kimono.
So,  very gently , almost holding my breath ( ... ☺ ) I started coloring.
When I finish with the BG family, I chose the YR family for the flowers .
I was looking for an unusual combination , a bit risky , but that made a special effect . 
I must say that I found it, this combination of colors I like very much!
I finished the hair with the C , because the oriental girls are very famous for their long shiny hair , dark and unmistakable.
At this point, I made a  clean and simple card  because I wanted to give the stamp a place of honor i in my project... without distractions! I used bazzil cardstock, My Mind's eye pattern , frantage and La la land crafts banner die.
Thanks again for follow me  , and I hope that you enjoyed my project.
Ciao ciao
Sandra

Copic used:
Dress: BG10-11-15-18 - YR 61-65-68
Skin: E0000-000-00-01-93
Hair and shoes: C00-1-3-5-9
Shadow: W00-1-3




3 comments:

Sandra H said...

So pretty is your card hope you have a lovely weekend x

Janette van Otterlo said...

Very lovely!
Grtz Janette

Unknown said...

Love it!