Followers

Sunday, April 13, 2014

Butterfly on Design Paper

Hello,
I am glad that I can post a  card today. As an administrator I always admire the work our DT is doing for the CME blog.

I love to let you see, that it is possible to colour directly on design paper. First you need to a test on the paper to discover how much ink the paper can carry. Is it bleeding very quick, take than the technique from dark to light and use less color. Is the paper not so absorbant than you can also use the layering technique from light to dark. What gives more depth.

If this is abacadabra for you, try to take some classes with our Copic Instructors. We offer the ECCP programm in almost every European country. In one of the tabs on this site, you can find information and links to all the countries that offer them.


I made this card with a butterfly stamp from Studio Light, on a show in the Netherlands and people were wondering how I made this. I took a nice piece of design paper, in this case the paper from Janneke Brinkman from Studio Light (also available in Germany and the UK). It is a very nice soft coloured paper with flowers on it. I stamped the Butterfly wit with Memento in a dark red color.


Mostly I advise people who want to start with Copic colouring, to take first flowers or butterflies, much easier than colouring faces and hair from cutie stamps. To get familiair with the techniques it is better.
It will cost you less sweat.

I started with the  R89 on the spot that need to be the darkest, than I added the R85,83 en 81. At the end I went back with the R89 for deeper shadows.
To give the wings more accent, I took  the new Opaque White bottle to give these small white accents.
You can also use a white acrylic marker.


Then I cut only the wings, not the body, I curled the wings over a marker.


I rolled some cutted roses, took some Dutch Paperart leaves from Dutch Doobadoo and made a label to complete my card. With a glue gun I added the pearls in the roses.
I love these nice stamps with sayings,
therefore I stamped one in Versafine Black on the card, to make it more visible.


A clay butterfly was also allowed on my card, he became some glitter. 
I glittered also the wings with a Spica Atyou pen.
Here is my colour palet


Thanks for fluttering by, hope to inspired you a little bit.
Regards Diny






7 comments:

AndreaBastelmaus said...

Guten Morgen Diny,
vielen Dank für diese schöne Anleitung. Deine Karte ist wieder so zauberhaft. Der Schmetterling ist traumhaft geworden.
Dein Kärtchen von der Stempelmesse Korntal erfreut mich jeden Tag. Vielen Dank für die schönen Stunden mit dir und Anni
Andrea

Marie-Anne said...

Every time I wee this card I love it more and more.

Marie-Anne

Marian said...

Wauw wat is dit weer mooi gekleurd prachtig de vlinder
Fijne dag groet Marian

Marian said...

Wauw wat is dit weer mooi gekleurd prachtig de vlinder
Fijne dag groet Marian

Sandra H said...

Oh Wow this is stunning x

Delphine said...

Gorgeous and so elegant, Diny! I love your card! Hugs Delphine xx
PS: Thanks again :)

Franz♥ said...

Wow, great work Diny! Fab card, really so fine and precious!

Hugs, Franz.