Followers

Saturday, April 26, 2014

A birthday snail

Hello everyone!
This is Kathrin here today with another creation to share with you.

It's my twins' 13th birthday today and this is the card I made for Pia:


I made the exact same one for Natascha just using red and pink instead the blue and turquoise. You know how life is - they want to be separate persons but still look very closely what the "other half" gets... ;)

This cute snail is by Lelo Design and I love all of these snails they create! Sometimes I am having troubles coloring these because I tend to make the snail itself in skin colors and then use browns for the house, which sometimes looks a bit un-colorful. But now with the blue house I had lots of fun coloring this cutie in!

I added a fence in the background and also some grass. 
Those hearts on stems are made using a set of cutting dies I bought recently at a stamp fair. They are a bit tricky to attach but look so cute!
The saying is by Whiff Of Joy.

These are the Copics used for coloring:


Snail: R02, R01, R00
Cheeks: R32, R000
House and blue balloon: B95, B93, B91
Bow and turquoise balloon: BG18, BG15, BG11, BG10
Shadow: E43, E41, E40

Off for celebrating!
Have a wonderful day everyone and if you're curious - the pink and red version of the card can be seen on my blog today.